Morwell Members Notices
A message from the Board
The Board of Directors of the Morwell Bowling Club & Recreation Centre Inc, advise that the One Hundred & Eighth Annual General Meeting of members will be held on
Tuesday, 24 November 2020 at 7.00pm at the Club – 52 Hazelwood Road, Morwell
for the purpose of conducting business as set out in Rule: 29.3 of the Clubs Constitution.
- To confirm the minutes of the last preceding Annual General Meeting and of any General Meeting held since that meeting;
- To receive from the Board reports upon the transactions of the Club during the last preceding financial year;
- To declare the results of a ballot if required for the members of the Board in accordance with these rules;
- To receive and consider the audited financial statement submitted by the Club in accordance to the relevant legislation;
In accordance with Rule: 15.4(d) of the Clubs constitutions, the Board of the Morwell Bowling Club & Recreation Centre wish to seek approval from the members to be able proceed with the acquisition of land adjoining the club for the purpose of future development
Health Notice: Coronavirus COVID-19:
The board is monitoring the evolving situation around the COVID-19 outbreak with respect to public health concerns and government limits on gathering of people.
The health and safety of Members and personnel is our highest priority and we are acutely aware of the current circumstances resulting from COVID-19. While at this stage we plan to proceed with the meeting, we will update Members if circumstances change.
Voting for the AGM Election
An Election is required for 3 x positions of the Board (Ordinary Board Members)
Candidates standing for election are:
- Marika Gacs
- Keith Higgs
- Graham Hutchinson
- Thomas Stephens
- Ian Wilson
Voting will be held at the Club in the function room on
- Friday 20th November 4.00pm – 5.30pm
- Saturday 21st November 10.00am – 11.30am
There was only one nomination for Vice – Chairperson
- Darrell White (elected unopposed)
Morwell Bowling Club
Annual General Meeting will be held at the Club on
TUESDAY 24th November 2020 – COMMENCING AT 7.00PM
As per Rule 31(5) – A member desiring to bring any business before a meeting may give notice of that business in writing to the Manager at least twenty-eight (28) days prior to the meeting, and the Manager shall include that business in the notice calling the next General Meeting after receipt of the notice.
Hereby calls for Nominations for the following Board Positions in accordance with Rule 17 of the Clubs constitution.
Positions Vacant for nominations;
- VICE CHAIRPERSON – 2 Year Term
- 3 X POSITIONS – 2 Year Terms
Nomination forms must be lodged with the General Manager.
Nominations close 5.00pm 2nd November 2020
Nomination forms are available from reception.
* All nominees if elected are subject to the approval of the V.C.G.L.R as an Associated Individual of the Morwell Bowling Club & Recreation Centre Inc. This incorporates the passing of a Police and Credit check; information packs are available from reception.
|Monday – Sunday|
|10.00am – 9.00pm|
Copyright © 2019 Morwell Bowls. All rights reserved